Pages

Wednesday 2 November 2016

VINTAGE FINDS | STROUD | PART 1

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello hello, happy Wednesday to you all. I'm very sorry there was no bog post last week, I was very ill so I kept myself cocooned in cozy blankets for most of my week (I know, it's a hard life).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before I was terrible ill I visited family in Stroud and one of the days we decied to go for a little shopping trip. One of the shops we passed was called Albert and the Giant Cat and I thought their shop window was perfect for what I am currently doing with my work as it's kind of like a collage playing around with different scale.




This has given me ideas on how I could play around with scale in my collages and how I could make them 3D.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also visited one of my favourite shops in Stroud called Stroud Vintage. Stroud Vintage is filled with vintage treasures such as jewellery, clothing, cameras and home-ware ranging from the Victorian area to the 1960's. These lovely pieces of vintage bliss are obviously second hand but have been kept in very good condition. I will link below their Twitter and Facebook if you would like to contact the owner/ like to know more.







I went there internationally to find things for my project. I've been experimenting with collage and the style of 1930-1960. I was looking for posters, letters, newspapers, books, any kind of paper from that time I could get my hands on. It was very hard to not pick things up for myself! I really enjoyed hunting for things in this shop, it was like I was going back in time and I felt great joy being surrounded by lovely things. For my project I found clothing patterns, books and a Birthday card.

I also visited this very lovely book shop suggest by the gentleman who owns Stroud Vintage named R and P Books as I felt I didn't get enough things and oh boy was I pleased with that I found! Tones and tones of goodies dating back to the 1930's and even earlier. I find it extraordinary how these things long before I was even born have been kept and are in such great condition. I found magazines, postcards, wedding invites and even driving lesson test papers!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In part 2 of this post I will be showing you all the wonderful things I got from these amazing shops. Thank you so much for reading and I really hoped you enjoyed this post. Make sure to come back next week to see what I got! x

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tweet me and like me here:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/VictoriaAnnee_?lang=en-gb
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VictoriaAnneDesigns/


Stroud Vintage:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/StroudVintage?lang=en-gb
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/StroudVintage/?fref=ts

No comments:

Post a Comment