Pages

Wednesday 14 September 2016

Sketchbook Sneak Peeks | Utopia Project


Hey hey, I have been working on my sketchbook for my utopia project. I have found more things that I would like to place in my perfect world. Here are some photographs I have taken of things I have suck into my sketchbook. I have been using it like a scrap book as I find that easiest to work with and I think it makes it look really interesting. 



Here is a happy accident. I have tried to create the effect of typewriter on brown paper with the definitions of utopia that I found on the internet. My printer wasn't happy with the brown paper, I'm not sure why but it chewed it up. Though it didn't go to plan I am happy with the outcome, the writing has been distorted - moved - enlarged - miss printed. This works really well for the idea against utopia - dystopia. 
This is a photocopy of a postcard stuck in with masking tape. The postcard is of 101 Dalmations 1961 - Characters Roger Radcliffee and Pongo. 
The reason I have chosen to include this postcard is because of the house they live in. In my perfect world I would live in an old town house/ a house built in the 1930s which is furnished with antiques such as things shown in the postcard - the fireplace - piano - chairs, I also love to have a vintage record player and type-writer. Being made in the 1930s the ceilings would be high and I'd convert the attic so that I could have an art studio. The walls around/in the house would be covered in prints/art with mix and matched frames that are different woods and colours. I'd be married to/have a partner who is tall and blonde similar to Roger. The house would be located near the back of a small town - I've described it being like Stars Hallow from Gilmore Girls in previous posts. The town would then be surrounded by fields and there would be many fur trees that the town would decorate around Christmas time.


I have stuck this leaf into my sketchbook using little strips of masking tape. I have chosen this leaf because I think it is stereotypically a autumn/winter leaf and I wanted something to represent that my utopia would be autumn most of the time. I have written in previous posts that I would still keep spring and summer but I have deiced that I want my world to be 80% autumn and 20% winter. When it is winter it will be snowy a lot of the time. 













Leafs, writing and printed up text.
I have also suck in a bay leaf, its from my dads bay tree and again I have suck it in using little strips of masking tape. I chose it because of the colour it has - it's hard to tell in this photograph but it is a very dark red brown colour which I think works perfectly for the idea of autumn as again they are stereotypically autumn colours. 
The writing is just my handwriting explaining why I have stuck them in. 
The printed up text, I have also used the masking tape for (I just love masking tape)  this but I have covered the text in one strip. The masking tape is translucent so you can still read the text through it. The text is the same as the text of the brown paper (definitions of utopia) but obviously has printed out correctly. The text reads as ''Modelled on or aiming for a state in which everything is perfect; Idealistic''. I think the masking tape works well with the idea of my utopia as it gives it a rustic feel that I want my utopia to have.




That's all I have for now, thank you for reading and be sure to check out my other social medias!x

Follow me, like me and watch me here: 
Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com/VictoriaAnneDesigns/
Twitterhttps://twitter.com/VictoriaAnneeAD?lang=en-gb
Lifestyle bloghttp://victoriaannewhatimupto.blogspot.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment